Code Hosting, Development Tools and Open Source

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Wed Oct 16 14:24:34 UTC 2013

On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 05:27:07 -0400 (EDT)
Kamil Paral <kparal at redhat.com> wrote:

> > With the conversation we've been having and the persona
> > developments, I propose the following:
> >
> >  - create FAS groups for git-taskbot-core and git-taskbot-tasks
> > which will control access to the git repos
>
> What will git-taskbot-tasks be used to? I thought we were going to
> have decentralized system of git repositories with test cases. Is
> this going to contain just some core test cases provided by Fedora
> QA?

Yeah, mostly some core test cases - the idea is still to have
decentralized git repos to store tasks. Would a change in name make
that more clear?

This also reminds me of an investigation to do - figure out how hard a
git server would be hit if we stored task repos on it. If a repo is
cloned every time that a task is run, that's a lot of clones. I know
that rhodecode had a hard time not crashing in that situation but
gitolite + cgit seem to be doing fine.

Tim