RFC: Taskotron task description format

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Mon Jan 6 15:47:39 UTC 2014

On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 08:04:06 -0500 (EST)
Josef Skladanka <jskladan at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> sorry for the late reply, this somewhat slipped my mind :(
>
> Overall, I like the concept, and although I understand that this is
> Proof-of-Concept, I'm a bit worried about the get_argparser() method
> <https://bitbucket.org/fedoraqa/libtaskotron-demo/src/8e6c39c8cfb2fb659888b00f42c70b4c4e1a4c0d/libtaskotron/runner.py?at=master#cl-86>.
>
> Would it mean, that we need to know all the possible arguments in
> advance? Or is this just a simple piece of code intended for
> easy-to-use demo?

It's just demo code - I wanted to get something working to demonstrate
the description format and cut a few corners.

Assuming that I understand your concern, my thought is to have a
set of standard args like envr, release, arch etc. but allow for other
args on a more-or-less per-task basis. The actual number of args will
be limited by the types of input we trigger on, though.

That being said, I'm not 100% sure that I understand what your concern
is. Could you be a bit more specific about what you're concerned about?

Tim