[Maniphest] [Created] T33: Blocker Proposal is Slow

mkrizek (Martin Krizek) phab at qadevel.cloud.fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 13 14:04:02 UTC 2014

mkrizek created this task.
mkrizek added a subscriber: mkrizek.
mkrizek added a project: blockerbugs

TASK DESCRIPTION
  Moved from trac [[ https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/356 | https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/356 ]]:
  "Problem
  While the blocker proposal functionality does work, the process of actually proposing the blocker is very slow - it appears as if the page has just stalled for a while as the request is being submitted to bugzilla

  Outside of being an annoyance, there is a possibility of users refreshing the page during submission, which would trigger a second proposal. This isn't the biggest issue ever but could end up generating extra comments in bugs.

  Analysis
  It would be better to show users a "bug is proposing" page until the proposal is complete - that way they wouldn't be tempted to refresh the page and if the page is done correctly, it wouldn't matter if the page was refreshed or not.

  Enhancement recommendation
  I have some ideas on how to go about fixing this but I need to explore the details before figuring out if any of them are even practical or how long the implementation would actually take."

TASK DETAIL
  https://phab.qadevel.cloud.fedoraproject.org/T33

To: mkrizek
Cc: qa-devel, mkrizek