[Maniphest] [Created] T52: investigate logging mechanisms for taskotron runner

tflink (Tim Flink) phab at qadevel.cloud.fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 15 18:17:38 UTC 2014

tflink created this task.
tflink added subscribers: qa-devel, tflink.
tflink added a project: taskotron

TASK DESCRIPTION
  At the moment, all output from the runner is done with python 'print' statements. This is not the best way to be doing things but before implementing anything better, some investigation needs to be done.

  [[http://pythonhosted.org/Logbook/index.html|Logbook]] looks to be an interesting project that could suit our needs well. I don't think we need any of the enhancements it brings over the stdlib logging module yet but I'm interested in the idea of sending errors off to a central location. As the implementation of taskotron grows, I think that would help us keep on top of client failures.

  Investigate logbook and determine:
   - is logbook mature enough to use in production
   - would the logging enhancements be useful enough to us to justify using a less-standard logging mechanism
   - how much extra effort would it take to use logbook instead of logging

TASK DETAIL
  https://phab.qadevel.cloud.fedoraproject.org/T52

To: tflink
Cc: qa-devel, tflink