Git repos location

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Wed Jan 22 15:57:53 UTC 2014

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 03:42:51 -0500 (EST)
Kamil Paral <kparal at redhat.com> wrote:

> > Phabricator is capable of hosting repositories but it would require
> > some reconfiguration and testing. The feature is a newer addition
> > and I'd want to test it a bit in staging before moving all of our
> > code there.
> >
> > Any thoughts on how soon we might want to explore this? If we go
> > this route, folks will have to upload their ssh pubkeys to
> > phabricator because I strongly suspect there's no clean way of
> > getting that data from FAS (if it's even possible at all).
>
> I'd like to have a single location for our projects. If we consider
> abandoning bitbucket, let's do it ASAP, while we're not followed
> there yet by many people.

As I've been thinking about it more, my primary concern for using
phabricator for git hosting is that we'd be self-hosting with a
relatively new feature.

I'll see if I can get it working in stg today, though. I'm not willing
to just enable it on production and see what happens but we can explore
the idea.

> I see you've set up an example repo (in mirror mode) already:
> https://phab.qadevel.cloud.fedoraproject.org/diffusion/LTRN/

Yeah, that's to support code reviews. The repo needs to be in
phabricator before we can do that.

> I don't use git web interface much, apart for community
> fork-me/follow features we don't have there anyway, so I'm not very
> demanding. The interface looks usable. But what's up with those
> commit hashes - "rLTRNda6fd348cdf3". Why does it have the rLTRN
> prefix? What is the Callsign?

The callsign is a unique identifier for the repo. In this case, LTRN is
for libtaskotron.

The commit hashes are prepended by rLTRN to identify them as commits to
the libtaskotron. r (revision) LTRN (repo callsign) <hash>

Tim