Accounts on qadevel.cloud.fedoraproject.org

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Thu May 22 20:34:28 UTC 2014

I just upgraded the version of Phabricator that we have on qadevel [1]
and we now have the ability to do FAS authentication instead of the old
standalone username/password setup.

[1] https://phab.qadevel.cloud.fedoraproject.org/

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you can probably ignore the
rest of this email. We're only using Phabricator for QA development
projects (Taskotron, blockerbugs etc.) but I wanted to make sure that
folks who had an account but aren't subscribed to qa-devel@ got this
message.

New users will be required to register using FAS through persona. Use
your FAS email alias (<fas-id>@fedoraproject.org) to register and you
will be redirected to FedOAuth for authentication. We are not able to
restrict the username you choose during registration but please use
your FAS id when creating an account.

For existing users, the existing username/password login functionality
will continue to work for the time being but I will be disabling it at
some point in the not-too-distant future. You will need to link your
existing account to FAS through persona. To do this, do the following
once logged in:

 - click on the tools icon (wrench and screwdriver) in the upper right
   hand corner
 - Under "Authentication" on the left hand of the page, click on
   "External Accounts"
 - Under "External Accounts", click on the chain icon on the left hand
   side of persona
 - login using <fasid>@fedoraproject.org
 - authenticate with FedOAuth

Tim