22 Final TC1 live fail: timeout due to SMP performance bug?

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 29 21:28:42 UTC 2015

Hey folks - just thought I'd note this. The openQA run for Final TC1
Workstation live failed; after 'clicking' the 'Install' button on the
welcome screen it waited 30 seconds for anaconda to install then timed
out and failed.

I tried locally and it took right around 30 secs for anaconda to run
in a 2-CPU VM here too, but it *did* run. So I think nothing was
broken, it just would have taken longer than openQA waited to launch.

I think this is probably related to that bug about multi-CPU VMs
running slowly - does anyone recall the bug number? When I tried a
single-CPU VM instead, anaconda only took 14 seconds to launch.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey