Taskotron No-Cloud Disposable Clients: Proof of Concept

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Mon Jan 26 22:08:59 UTC 2015

On Wed, 21 Jan 2015 11:06:02 -0700
Tim Flink <tflink at redhat.com> wrote:

> This took a bit longer than I had hoped, but I've got proof-of-concept
> code for no-cloud disposable clients in libtaskotron.
>
> https://bitbucket.org/tflink/libtaskotron
>
> in the feature/T382-nocloud-disposable branch.
>
> As a warning - this code is still very much in the "may eat babies and
> laugh about it" stage (which is why it's in a fork instead of the main
> repo). Unless you know what you're doing, you may want to avoid it for
> now.
>
> The readme should cover everything you need to make the bits work -
> the setup is a bit complex, requires root and disabling selinux
> enforcing but it does work :)

For anyone who has already tried the PoC code - you may want to change
the testCloud repo to use my fork [1] instead of the upstream. Mike is
planning some non-backwards-compatible changes to the library and this
will let me update once the changes are done instead of constraining
what upstream is doing when.

Tim

[1] https://github.com/tflink/testCloud