2015-07-22 @ 21:00 - Taskotron Outage and qadevel Migration

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Thu Jul 23 15:01:16 UTC 2015

On Thu, 23 Jul 2015 05:29:17 -0400 (EDT)
Kamil Paral <kparal at redhat.com> wrote:

> > It took significantly longer than I was hoping but Taskotron
> > dev/stg/prod has been updated and qadevel has been migrated to a new
> > machine.
> >
> > There should be no big changes here, everything user-facing should
> > be business as usual.
> >
> > Please let me know if you notice something not quite working right.
>
> The Phabricator emails have a new sender address
> <phabricator at fedoraproject.org>. Not sure it's intentional. If it is,
> would <phabricator at qa.fedoraproject.org> be better?

We can try it, I suppose. I was mostly trying to match the domain of
the SMTP server that we're using now that we're not sending emails
directly from qadevel.

Either phabricator at qa.fedoraproject.org or noreply at qa.fedoraproject.org
would work since we don't support ticket conversations via email and I
don't really plan to change that.

> None of our repos are getting synced, they report errors like these:
> Initialization Error	Pull of "LTRN" failed: git fetch failed
> with error #255: stdout: stderr:error: cannot open FETCH_HEAD:
> Permission denied
>
> I think it's the long standing issue where newly created repos can't
> create directories and we need to do it manually. I guess it will be
> some kind of directory permission issue.

I think this has been fixed - one of the backed changes that I made
changed the user that the phabricator daemons were running as and I
forgot to change the file permissions on the cached git repos.

If there are still problems where newly created repos can't create
directories, I'll look into it - that shouldn't happen.

Tim