Additional Taskotron Clients

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Fri May 8 18:14:48 UTC 2015

On Thu, 7 May 2015 19:57:35 -0400
Ralph Bean <rbean at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 04:17:29PM -0600, Tim Flink wrote:
> > For at least the second time in the last couple weeks, the queue in
> > production was way too long (~120 at one point).
> >
> > To help with this in the future, I added 4 new x86_64 clients to
> > production. Hopefully this'll help keep the queue length lower and
> > wait times down to something reasonable.
> >
> > Tim
>
> Is there a graph of the queue length anywhere?  If not, would you like
> to get it added to collectd?

Our monitoring is pretty primitive, at best. collectd wasn't even
working for qa hosts for a while but that issue was resolved.

I'd love to have monitoring of queue length in production among other
things but hadn't gotten to actually writing/finding and adding them to
collectd/nagios.

> We have graphs of the backlog over time on various fedmsg services
> that help with debugging from time to time:
> http://threebean.org/fedmsg-health-day.html#FMN

That's cool, we'll have to look into something similar for Taskotron at
some point. Thanks for the pointer.

Tim