To RHEL or Not to RHEL?

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Wed May 13 15:17:18 UTC 2015

On Wed, 13 May 2015 09:31:48 -0400 (EDT)
Martin Krizek <mkrizek at redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]

Yeah, that had occurred to me but hadn't gotten much farther with it
than that.

It's something that we should probably look into. I suspect that
you're right that it'd be more efficient to run some if not all
of our regular tasks on non-dispoable clients. It makes
triggering a bit more complicated but I don't think it would be
too terrible to have a new "non-disposable" builder and trigger
certain tasks on that instead of the regular builder.

Another option would be to maintain some of the vm buildslaves that
we're currently using instead of running tasks on bare metal. I've
filed a task for investigating this once we have a minimal system
working:

https://phab.qadevel.cloud.fedoraproject.org/T480

Thanks,

Tim