Building Images for Taskotron Disposable Clients

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Fri Nov 13 16:33:12 UTC 2015

> > >  - may not run well in a VM (would need nested virt)
> >
> > This is the same as in virt-builder, it also needs virt support.
> > Originally I thought it doesn't, but it does. It can still be used
> > without hw virt support (unlike anaconda, that would just be
> > impossible performance-wise), but it's much much much slower and I
> > don't think we would want to go that route (building an image 30
> > minutes instead of 3 minutes).
>
> It sounds like we're going to need a bare metal solution either way,
> then.

I bet my old socks that we'll end up with nested virt eventually. It's not a years-proven technology, but it worked well for me locally, OpenQA is now running on it as well inside Fedora Infra, and many projects (not just ours) seem to gravitate towards it, because bare metal is just "too much trouble"TM.