New Key Repo Locations

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Thu Aug 28 23:51:15 UTC 2008

Warren Togami wrote:
> This is the latest draft of New Key repo locations.  Jesse Keating
> points out that the deep levels are necessary because mirrors exclude
> releases by directory name like "9/".  Please let me know if you see any
> errors in the below.

If 9/ is excluded, wouldn't that mean 9/$releasever/*/os.newkey is also
excluded? If it's not, then I guess there's no point in the new
directory being created either.

Will the ISOs be respun to reflect the changes as well so that what is
in os/ or in os.newkey/ meets what each of the ISO expects? I guess this
is primarily relevant to respins, netinstalls and so forth, as the old
RPM-GPG-KEYs will be in the root of those ISOs and I can only presume
they are used, and people will want to use os.newkey/ as the tree to
install from.

Has creating/composing an entirely new 9.1/ release tree been
considered? I guess recreating the entire release tree is a PITA (jigdo,
iso, torrent, foo) even though updates would not be included other then
maybe the updated fedora-release package (with the new rpm-gpg-keys and
new repo configuration files)?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip