*sigh* another loop

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Jul 3 02:46:01 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 7:50 PM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone else find the emails Trac sends to be hard to read?
> Particularly it's quoting.

This is the ClearSilver template that's currently used to generate the
notification email:

http://trac.edgewall.org/browser/branches/0.10-stable/templates/ticket_notify_email.cs

I believe that Jesse is working on updating to 0.11, when that happens
this will be the Genshi template that is used to generate the
notification email:

http://trac.edgewall.org/browser/trunk/trac/ticket/templates/ticket_notify_email.txt

If someone develops templates we like better it should be a simple
matter to get the rel-eng Trac instance using them.

> Also... for some reason _this_ list has it's Reply-To: set to
> rel-eng at fedoraproject.org is that right?

It's some sort of bug in the setup of postfix on the Fedora servers.
Mailman is injecting the messages into the system with the proper
lists.fedoraproject.org headers but postfix on one of the two servers
that the message needs to pass through is rewriting the headers and
removing the "lists" from the domain names.  I read just enough of the
mailman-postfix HOWTOs that google could find for me to set up mailman
and postfix but I don't have enough postfix-fu to fix the problem.  No
one with enough postfix knowledge and the access has taken the time to
look into the problem as of yet.

Jeff