F11 naming election?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 21:00:12 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-07 at 08:26 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 07:15:13PM -0800, John Poelstra wrote:
> >
> > Might want to make sure this is included
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/Naming_Guidelines
>
> Neat, I like it.  I'll be sure to include it.
>
> > What about tightening things up so that we can have a name with greater
> > certainty before FUDCon?
>
> We could shorten the vote to 5 days.  I highly doubt I'll be able to
> attend FUDCon because of travel expense, but I agree it would be nice
> to have the name settled before then.  We could even have the FPL
> announce the name live at FUDCon on Jan 10 if we wanted.

Any chance we could move the timeline enough to allow voting during all
the other elections, Dec. 7-20, or is that really pushing things?

I suppose that means we'd be giving the community about a week or so
from right now to turn in names!  Maybe not a good idea, but I'm
apparently full of those today. :-\

--
Paul W. Frields