daily number of changed rawhide packages

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Oct 9 16:17:27 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 08:05 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
> Thinking more about the QA discussion yesterday and wanting to dig a
> little deeper into better understanding and quantifying what we are
> talking about by creating some graphs, etc.
>
> Is there an easy way to get the following information in the following
> format? (i'm secretly hoping there is a db someone can query for me :)
> In essence a summarized version of the daily rawhide emails.
>
> Format: CSV file (comma separated, or delimited in clear/simple way)
>
> Contents: for the i386 rawhide arch, every day since 2008-05-14 until
> present.
>
> 1) date
> 2) number of SRPMS that changed
> 3) number of RPMS that changed
>

> So in summary something as simple as:
>     (1)       (2)     (3)
> 2008-05-14   345     550
> 2008-05-15   123     234
> 2008-05-16     0       0
> 2008-05-17     3       3

There is no db kept of the daily "rawhide" snapshots.  However the koji
db does have all of this information in it, one would just have to coax
it out, and I don't think the data is available in a way that would make
this easy, breaking it down by 24 hour periods.  I'll think on it a bit.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!