An offer to quickly seed torrents.

Chris Halsall chalsall at chalsall.com
Thu Oct 23 16:13:58 UTC 2008

Hello.

Mike McGrath suggested I contact you here on an offer to help seed the
Fedora torrents.

I have been a regular Fedora user for years now, and as a way of
contributing back, I try to seed torrents.  This is partially because
I've noticed that, particularly the "source" CDs and DVDs, are seeded
extremely slowly by 152.46.7.220.

In the past I have downloaded the source ISOs, and then join the
torrents to seed.  However, this time I noticed that the
Fedora-10-Snap2-source-CDs and -DVDs files were not available by way
of FTP (or, at least, I wasn't able to find them).

I have two servers which have a great deal of extra bandwidth, which
I'd be happy to use to seed these files.  (74.208.102.7 and
38.99.65.88 are seeding right now.)

Would you be interested in this?  If so, how might I have HTTP, FTP or
RSYNC access to these and future files?  Or, would there be a way to
give preference to these machines through the torrent (as in, give
these two machines preferential and higher bandwidth)?  Or, I could
create an FTP account for you to push the files to me.

Please let me know.  Right now the ...source-CDs are expected to take
yet another couple of days to complete.  In my mind, the sources are
the best thing to get into the hands of capable users.

Thanks and regards.

-Chris

P.S. If required, I would sign a document ensure I didn't "leak" the
files in any way.  As in, I would only torrent through your regular
tracker.

--
Chris Halsall  ( chalsall at ideas4lease.com )
Ideas 4 Lease (Barbados)