Package kit traceback with new keys

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Sep 8 16:40:58 UTC 2008

M A Young wrote:
> Warren Togami wrote:
>
>> I tested PackageKit-0.2.5 and gnome-packagekit on two i386 F9 systems.
>> It seems to DTRT.
>>
>> Anybody have a F9 x86_64 system to test this on?  This really should be
>> verified.
>
> It works for me on F9 x86_64 if I run gpk-update-viewer by hand. What I
> have not yet seen is the icon telling me that updates are available, which
> makes me wonder if there is some other problem somewhere.

Hmm, after upgrading to PackageKit-0.2.5 and relogging, I do indeed not
see PK in the tray anymore.  Is this a bug?

Immediately after upgrading to PackageKit-0.2.5 but before I relog, I
was able to click on the icon and update my system from there.  I am a
little worried about this part, because isn't there a mismatch between
the user daemon run during login, and the PK version after you upgrade
to PackageKit-0.2.5?

Warren