Fedora 10 Beta Freeze (Spins)

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Tue Sep 16 07:45:30 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-09-14 at 16:53 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>> = fedora-livecd-broffice.org.ks (Fedora BrOffice.org) =
>>
>> - Approved by Spin SIG,
>> - Approved by Board,
>> - Approved by Rel. Eng.
>>
>> Feature Page: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/BrOffice.orgSpin
>
> Hrm, I don't recall this one coming through releng.  Not that I'm
> opposed to it, I just don't see record of it on our list.

I took the Feature Page category FeatureAcceptedF10 as the indicator
(same for the rest). Was I wrong to do so?

>> = fedora-livecd-education-math.ks (Fedora Education Math) =
> I thought this was approved:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Meetings/2008-aug-11#Spins

Awesome ;-)

>> = fedora-livecd-xfce.ks (Fedora XFCE) =
> ditto

;-)

>> = fedora-livedvd-developer.ks (Fedora Developer) =
>>
>> - Approved by Spin SIG,
>> - Approved by Board,
>> - Pending approval from Rel. Eng.
>>
>> Feature Page: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/DeveloperSpin
>
> Don't recall this one ever coming up for approval

OK, maybe I'm misinterpreting ProposedFeatureF10...

>> = fedora-livedvd-electronic-lab.ks (Fedora Electronic Lab) =
> Yeah, I remember some oddness happening with this one and wiki
> locations.

I can only assume it's resolved and accepted, since this spin lacking in
Fedora 9 was one of the big motivators to even start building a process
around it like we have now...

>> = fedora-livedvd-games.ks (Fedora Games) =
> Was approved by releng already
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Meetings/2008-aug-11#Spins
>
> Sounds like we need to get our ducks in a row.

Yes it sounds like we need to. I'm taking the categories as an indicator
now, but maybe that's not what you use and flip when a spin is accepted
or not.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip