Fedora 10 Beta Freeze (Spins)

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Tue Sep 16 17:52:19 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 09:45 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>> Yes it sounds like we need to. I'm taking the categories as an indicator
>> now, but maybe that's not what you use and flip when a spin is accepted
>> or not.
>
> Well, this process is still a bit... new, so I'm not surprised there is
> some rough road.  I think we (rel-eng) has been expecting John Poelstra
> to bring these spins for approval to our attention, just as he brings
> features to FESCo's attention.  I'm not sure /he/ was expecting that
> though, so it would not be surprising that some things haven't bee
> communicated.

Right, this is what I expect is one of the aspects of it being a new
process... Mixed with the Feature process no less.

> Can we take your list that I quoted as what the spins sig expects or
> hopes to see produced for Fedora 10?

The list that I quoted is from what the Spin SIG had approved and was
intended to go through the entire process up and until the point of
being released by the Fedora Project proper.

   If so, releng can do some last
> minute voting on the things we haven't talked about yet, although this
> is a very large amount of spins to produce :/

Yeah, that's what we're here for ;-)

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip