Fedora 10 Beta Freeze (Spins)

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Wed Sep 17 15:43:47 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating said the following on 09/17/2008 08:24 AM Pacific Time:
> On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 05:45 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
>> It seemed odd to me that
>> all our documentation describes how FESCo "accepts" features that are
>> listed here https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/10/FeatureList and
>> then to start adding Spins to the same page which go through a similar,
>> but more different process that aren't exactly "accepted" by FESCo, as I
>> understand it.  Forgive me if I've made this too complicated :)
>
> Since it's really a delegation from FESCo to rel-eng to handle the
> spins, they could still be treated as accepted by FESCo, implicit due to
> the delegation.  That should make things easier as far as "where they
> go" in the wiki.

Fair enough.  I think a separate section on that page for spins would be
good vs. mixing them in in alpha order with the rest of the features.

So now:

1) Who is keeping track of all the needed approvals?
2) Where and how is the process being tracked?
3) Who will update
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/10/FeatureList when all
approvals have been granted?

John