Fedora 10 Beta Freeze (Spins)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Sep 18 15:40:26 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 16:02 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> I'm not sure whether it is a conscious choice of the creator/maintainer
> to not include that group, or whether they just didn't know about it in
> the first place.

That's what reviews and feedback is for, so that the maintainer can
either learn about it, or report back rational as to not using it.

> > Second, I really don't like the modifying of the debuginfo repo.  There
> > are tools like debuginfo-install that will enable debuginfo repos on the
> > fly to get packages, rather than keeping the repo open all the time and
> > dealing with extra repodata churn.  Not to mention that it immediately
> > taints the fedora.repo file so that we can't deliver any updates to it.
> > Please reconsider this modification.
> >

> Can't seem to find the tool you're referring to. What is it's name exactly?

$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/debuginfo-install
yum-utils-1.1.16-2.fc10.noarch

Usage:
    debuginfo-install: Install debuginfo packages and their dependencies
based on
                       the name of the non-debug package
    debuginfo-install [options] package1 [package2] [package..]

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!