[Fedora-spins] Fedora 10 Beta Freeze (Spins)

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Mon Sep 22 21:29:51 UTC 2008

John Poelstra wrote:
> What process are you proposing so that I know:
> 1) When a spin is officially being proposed as a feature?
> 2) All of the required previous required steps or approvals were
> completed correctly?

There's more to be tracked on a spin even before it even becomes a feature;

- technical review => kickstart pool inclusion

- board trademark approval (which doesn't require a feature page as of
yet because it can be the last stage a spin wants to go through; just
being able to remove the rebranding stuff from the kickstart in the
pool) => fedora spin

- Feature approval => officially composed, released and supported fedora
spin

Take into account with any design of any process that the former two
stages need to be tracked, too.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip