[Fedora-spins] Fedora 10 Beta Freeze (Spins)

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Tue Sep 23 12:48:41 UTC 2008

John Poelstra wrote:
> Jeroen van Meeuwen said the following on 09/22/2008 02:29 PM Pacific Time:
>> John Poelstra wrote:
>>> What process are you proposing so that I know:
>>> 1) When a spin is officially being proposed as a feature?
>>> 2) All of the required previous required steps or approvals were
>>> completed correctly?
>>>

>> There's more to be tracked on a spin even before it even becomes a
>> feature;
>>
>> - technical review => kickstart pool inclusion
>>
>> - board trademark approval (which doesn't require a feature page as of
>> yet because it can be the last stage a spin wants to go through; just
>> being able to remove the rebranding stuff from the kickstart in the
>> pool) => fedora spin
>>
>> - Feature approval => officially composed, released and supported
>> fedora spin
>>
>> Take into account with any design of any process that the former two
>> stages need to be tracked, too.
>>

> This is exactly what I have been asking for.
>
> John
Fair comments...

Can I assume that the technical review and the trademark approval only
occur a single time if the SPIN will not be distributed by fedora? If
so, then I would suggest that all spins start with a Feature Page _or_ a
  Spin Page (where the former can replace the latter). This would allow
for a signoff to be made and recorded by the wiki. The only other
alternative I see would be to move it through bugzilla.. and I would
tend to prefer the wiki route since all the content could be added to
the feature page.

Thoughts?

-- bk