last day to stage updates for GA?

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 04:12:08 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 07:25:00PM -0800, John Poelstra wrote:
>I was working with the docs and translation teams on their schedule last
>night.  For Fedora 13 they would like to land an updated release notes
>package in the Updates repo that is available on GA day.  When is the
>last date they would have to have this package ready to be in Updates on
>release day?

Previously, we started mashing updates about 1-2 weeks before GA, with
pushes basically going as normal from that start point (i.e. most week
days).  So the answer used to be "the Friday before release" or roughly
there about.

With NFR, I don't think we've exactly settled how to do this, but
don't foresee a huge amount of change.  It's something we should discuss
at some point soon.

josh