liveCD mount help

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Feb 6 17:45:32 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 11:40 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> I'm going to cc rel-eng.
>
> 	-Mike
>
> On Fri, 6 Feb 2009, Biswajit Kumar wrote:
>
> > currently I'm downloading fedora 11 alpha liveCD iso image from the torrent server
> > and thats where the problem is...the size of the iso image......
> > the size is shown to be 703mb whereas general cd size is 700mb
> > so can i mount the 703mb livecd iso image to a 700mb cdrom?
> > *i'm really a novice in writing cds
> > it will be very nice if you help me out
> > *i use windows currently

Some CD drives/media will allow you to burn up to 703.  The size was
close enough to 700 that we let it through rather than not compose that
image.  Otherwise you may have to use a DVD writable media, or use
livecd-iso-to-disk to put the live image on a USB stick.

For Beta and later releases, we won't release any livecd target that is
over 700 M

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!