[FEATURE] missing packages

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 16:29:25 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 03:10:17PM +0100, Marcela Maslanova wrote:
>I came across issue with missing builds and therefore packages in some
>branches. For example if there are created branches F-9, F-10, rawhide,
>EL-5 for some package, and you build it only for F-9, EL-5. The other
>branches won't be containing any builds and repo will be missing
>packages. This problem is usually found in better case by developer who
>is looking for missing requirements, in worse case by user who was used
>to this package in previous versions of Fedora.
>So I'm proposing feature request for some automatic checking of missing
>packages which aren't inherited in case this would be possible.

Packages in Fedora's koji are inherited from previous tags if there are
no builds for a specific tag.  There are certain cases where a package
is dead or otherwise removed and we block builds from a tag, so the
package won't be in the repo.  Those are expected.

Do you have specific examples?  If so, then we might be able to look
at those and see if there is something odd about them.

I'm not sure what happens for EPEL.

josh