Alpha Freeze and branching spin-kickstarts

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Sun Jan 25 11:29:09 UTC 2009

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-01-23 at 12:17 +0100, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> would you all like me to branch off for F11-Alpha now (~at the time of
>> the freeze), or would you like me to branch off later (~at the time the
>> composes happen)?
>>
>> *note to self* that includes building a new package.
>
> I'm happy with whatever way you want to deal with that, just let us know
> what to test compose from and eventually what to compose from.
>
> Also, is there a list of expected "spins" for Alpha?

I'm thinking "permanent spins", along with "current and continued" -
Fedora 10 spins that are going to be in Fedora 11 and getting ready as
we speak (new process and all that), as well as "new" - the Sugar spin
being one example.

That list would make for:

- aos
- broffice.org
- desktop (permanent)
- developer (dvd)
- education (former education math)
- electronic lab (dvd)
- kde  (permanent)
- games (dvd)
- sugar
- xfce

This is 10 spins already, and more or less on the horizon is GIS/Geo,
Security, LTSP and LXDE. Some of these may end up being combined (like
XFCE and LXDE), but we're not sure yet.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen