Alpha Freeze and branching spin-kickstarts

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Jan 27 01:40:54 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 20:32 -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Monday, January 26 2009, Jesse Keating said:
> > On Sun, 2009-01-25 at 12:29 +0100, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> > >  That list would make for:
> [snip]
> > > Let me know what you think.
> >
> > I think it's entirely too many spins.  Looking at
> > http://spins.fedoraproject.org:6969/ the spins we've offered for F10
> > haven't been very popular.  The only ones with more than 10 complete
> > downloads are XFCE, KDE, and Desktop.  FEL reached over 10 if you
> > combine i686 and x86_64,  broffice comes close if you combine.
>
> Ermm, isn't complete the number of complete seeders and then downloaded
> is the number downloaded?
>
> Jeremy

Haha, I'm an idiot.

Lets move from 10, to 1000 and then the numbers make sense again.

The spins with over 1000 downloads:  Desktop, KDE, XFCE, and if you
combine i686 and x86_64 together you get 1000 out of BrOffice.  The rest
barely make it to 500, when combined.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!