Updated Schedule for F12

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Fri Jul 10 16:21:27 UTC 2009

John Poelstra (poelstra at redhat.com) said:
> >> have made the following tweaks to the schedule:
> >>
> >> o Added earlier blocker review days (f13)
> >> o Changed usage of "Release Candidate"  (f13)
> >
> > I don't think this is right. You've now moved the RC compose a week
> > later from where it was before.
>
> I haven't moved anything, I just changed the names.

Right, but I think what we want is:

- RC compose stays at the same date it was prior - 10/19 or 10/20.
- The 'Test compose' is what should start earlier.

What your change was was to change what was the 'first RC' into a
test compose, and then change the 'last RC' into RC.

> Please tell me what the correct "compose RC date" is.

10/19 or 10/20. The wiki schedule says 10/20.

Jesse should chime in more on the following...

> Thinking about it
> a little more I'm still not clear on our methodology.  We need a few
> specific dates that fit to get the time frame correct:
>
> 1) Date blocker list must be clear or slip the release

That's not a single date.

> 2) Date build RC (same day or day after #1)
> 3) <input from QA on how many days to test the RC w/ allowance for
> finding problems in RC>
>
> Note that #3 must be done by Thursday 2009-10-29 to start staging the
> content to the mirrors for GA on 2009-11-03.

So, that implies that date #1 is 10-29, as that's when we'll know
if we need to slip the release. We can make an earlier judgement
of slip based on the state of the blocker list. If there are 20
blockers on 10/20, we'd slip earlier. If there is 1, we wouldn't
judge on a slip until later.

Bill