Updated Fedora 12 Schedule (take 2)

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 13:27:40 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 09:09:19PM -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
> Here is the outcome of the meeting today (previously announced on the
> list. Naturally if there is disagreement in what was proposed it can be
> discussed and considered for adjustment:
>
> o we made sure there were enough blocker bug review meetings ahead of
> each freeze and test release candidate creation
>
> o we will not create Release Candidates if there are bugs remaining on
> the the blocker list
>
> o if we cannot create the Release Candidates because the blocker list is
> not clear we will move to slip the release a week
>
> o at the final blocker review on Monday, 2009-10-26 if the blocker list
> is clear we will move forward with the release–regardless of what might
> be found after the fact because of the inability to unwind PR activities
> that have been set in motion.
>
> http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-12/f-12-releng-tasks.html
> http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-12/f-12-releng.ics
>
> Thanks again to everyone for their time!

I think the PR activities here are not quite as rigid as the last
bullet indicates.  We need to give better advance notice than a few
days, but at the same time, we also have the ability to apply the
brakes on, say, the Thursday or Friday before release.  Of course,
everyone would rather not have to do that, but the option is there if
needed.  The goal of having more certainty and accuracy in hitting our
release date is a noble one but PR shouldn't interfere with sanity.