TeX Live 2008/9 packaging and you

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Jun 4 14:16:06 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-06-04 at 09:56 +0200, Jindrich Novy wrote:
> So the thing is that even if we have everything stuffed within one
> src.rpm we could do a per-TL-package updates.

No, you can't.  That's not how our build system works.  Every build task
must create unique rpm output.  No two build tasks can produce the same
rpm n-v-r output.  You also can't just build one of two subpackages and
expect to pick up the previously created subpackages, because that's
also not how our buildsystem and compose tools work.  We compose out the
latest 'builds', which means only the output from the latest build of a
source package is composed, so every build has to include output for
every subpackage you wish to ship.

In your case, that means /every/ build of texlive will have to produce
new n-v-rs for all 4K subpackages.  This is why it's a show stopper.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!