#1949: noarch MinGW debuginfo packages don't get placed in the debuginfo repository

Fedora Release Engineering rel-eng at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jun 27 15:21:17 UTC 2009

#1949: noarch MinGW debuginfo packages don't get placed in the debuginfo
repository
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  epienbro  |       Owner:  rel-eng at lists.fedoraproject.org
     Type:  task      |      Status:  new
Milestone:            |   Component:  mash
 A few days ago we (the Fedora MinGW SIG) started experimenting with
 generating -debuginfo subpackages for our libraries. For this we've
 created some custom scripts to strip out debug information to separate
 files and added some RPM macro's to create -debuginfo subpackages
 containing these files. This has been discussed at
 http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/fedora-
 mingw/2009-June/001748.html

 The RPM scripts were added in mingw32-filesystem-52-1.fc12 and some of our
 regular MinGW packages were rebuild as can be seen at

 After waiting for the next rawhide push we discovered that the
 mingw32-glib2-debuginfo subpackage wasn't published in the rawhide-
 debuginfo repository. We think it's caused by the fact that our mingw32
 packages are noarch.

--
Ticket URL: <https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/1949>
Fedora Release Engineering <http://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng>