Problems with QEmu in rawhide / F11 Beta

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Mar 4 16:12:41 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 16:03 +0100, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>   Josh and Seth on IRC made clear this required your approval and you
> needed to be made aware to void problem when composing the F11 (beta)
> tree,
>
>   Opinion ? Really the perspective of carrying Epoch over all Fedoras
> just because a wrong version leaked in Rawhide for 2 days looks a bit
> excessive, we would prefer to avoid this. Oh and please can you make
> sure we have libvirt-0.6.1 in the beta ?

Sadly, this decision isn't mine anymore.  FESCo has made it abundantly
clear in the past that at no point should rawhide "go backwards" with
the upgrade path.  The only time you can save your epoch is if a rawhide
hadn't been composed between your builds.  So unless you can convince
FESCo members to grant your request, this isn't happening.

Epochs aren't a terribly evil thing, they're just a fact of life and
easily dealt with.  They shouldn't be something to be overly scared of.

Also, you have until late next Monday to get your libvirt into beta.
The Feature Freeze was yesterday, but that's when all features should
have been testable.  The Beta freeze is a week after Feature Freeze to
give time to integrate and fix up remaining bugs before we freeze the
content.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!