Inkscape on Live media

Lubomir Rintel lkundrak at v3.sk
Thu Mar 5 17:39:35 UTC 2009

Hi,

there has been demand, especially from artists, to include Inkscape on a
Live media. As far as I know there were concerns about its size, as well
as about length of its dependency chain.

During the package refactoring, it was split, so that the core package
is less than a half of its original size, rpm is 11M and installed size
according to size tag is around 39M now. Apart from that, its dependency
chain was considerably shortened making most of the extensions optional
(no Fortran dependency now! :).

So my questions is -- is it possible to get Inkscape to the live media
now? If yes, what is needed to be done for it?

I'd like to check what extra dependencies does it add myself; would that
be possible? Is it sufficient for me to check against F11 Alpha live? If
not, where can I get the current kickstart?

--
Lubomir Rintel <lkundrak at v3.sk>