Un-obsolete qemu-0.10.4-4.fc11 in bodhi?

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Tue May 19 19:48:23 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 07:00:28PM +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hi Luke,
> 	I want to push this update to stable:
>
>   https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/qemu-0.10.4-4.fc11
>
> 	even though it was obsoleted by this update in testing:
>
>   https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/qemu-0.10.4-5.fc11
>
> 	i.e. we want -4 pushed to stable and -5 left in testing.
>
> 	Is that possible?

Theoretically.  It looks like -4 got untagged when it was obsoleted by the
previous update.  I submitted -4 to stable, and made sure the tag was
set properly, so it should go out in the next push.

Bodhi doesn't automatically obsolete stable updates or those with an
outstanding request, but it seems as if it should be a bit nicer when
obsoleting existing testing updates.

Maybe we should add a message like, "This update is newer than this
testing update.  Would you like to move it to stable and push this one
to testing?"

I believe Josh opened a ticket for this issue, so we'll try and get this
stuff sorted out.

luke