Fwd: F13 Schedule Proposal--please RESPOND

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Fri Nov 13 18:31:08 UTC 2009

On 11/12/2009 07:00 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:

>>> I don't understand this reasoning. The desired work flow, as I understand
>>> it, is something like:

>> What you describe above is NOT what we scheduled or attempted for
>> Fedora 12.  We intentionally scheduled test composes before the
>> freeze (as Jesse is requesting for the Fedora 13 schedule)
>> http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-12/f-12-releng-tasks.html
>> --see task #13 for Alpha
>> --see task #52 for Beta
>
> I stand corrected. I'm still not sure that delivering pre-freeze
> test composes should affect the length of the freezes.
>
> Bill

I'm not sure either.  History has shown, that we have a hard time doing
multiple things at the same time.  I wasn't advocating extending the
freezes to accommodate the Test Composes, but instead the Public Testing
Duration of Alpha and Beta--time when releng and others aren't so 'hair
on fire' before preparing the next Public release :)  This would (going
back to a prior discussion) increase the total time between the public
release of Alpha and Beta.

I'll try to come up with a new schedule scenario or two (factoring in
the things we've discussed here) to see if that can bring everyone
closer to agreement.  I'll post them here by Monday, hopefully sooner.

John