New deltarpm -- who do I talk to about testing?

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 20:04:20 UTC 2009

On 10/01/2009 12:40 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 12:25:57PM -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

>>> If it's in rawhide, it's already being tested to produce rawhide deltas.
>>>
>> Cool.  So is the deltarpm rpm in the releng repo:
>>  http://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/releng/SRPMS/
>>
>> just extraneous?
>
> No.  It's used to create drpms for F11 updates.  It will be used to create
> drpms for F11 and F12 updates once we have a version that works for F12
> packages and we're ready to start mashing F12 updates.
>
> (Bodhi does not mash in chroot.)

Okay.  How do you want to go about doing this?  Choices:

- The build in koji is what's in the releng repo right now with the
change to use the system zlib instead of the bundled library
- The current build in rawhide is a newer version built from a git
snapshot of 3.5.  It has my path to use system zlib instead of a bundled
library as well.

I can either push the current build to the releng repo or update against
rawhide.

Testing:
Once I drop it into the releng repo you should be able yum update the
releng boxes with the package if you choose.  Note that since the
affected code deals with zlib compression and rawhide has switched from
zlib to xz, there's more chance that this will break F11 updates than it
breaking rawhide.

-Toshio