#2171: Request for exception to policy of 2 weeks testing for perl-Mail-IMAPClient and imapsync

Fedora Release Engineering rel-eng at fedoraproject.org
Sun Sep 6 02:38:40 UTC 2009

#2171: Request for exception to policy of 2 weeks testing for perl-Mail-IMAPClient
and imapsync
 Reporter:  nb              |       Owner:  rel-eng at lists.fedoraproject.org
     Type:  task            |      Status:  new
Milestone:  Fedora 12 Beta  |   Component:  koji
 I am requesting an exception to the 2 weeks of testing policy for perl-
 Mail-IMAPClient-3.20.el5 and imapsync-1.286-2.el5.  I am requesting that
 these updates be pushed to stable now.

 The reasoning is that I as maintainer of imapsync made a mistake and
 failed to update the spec for imapsync to note that it required perl-Mail-
 IMAPClient >= 3.19, and thus SSL will not work (which is a pretty
 important fix).  The only change in the imapsync update is to add that
 versioning to the Requires:.  spot just pushed an update for IMAPClient
 also because the latest version that was in Fedora and EPEL was too old.
 I'd also like to request that that be pushed to stable already (since
 imapsync requires it for this bugfix)  There have already been two bugs
 filed noting that SSL does not work.  I had tested the update before I
 released it but had not tested it with SSL, and apparently no one else did
 during the 2 weeks before I pushed it to stable.

--
Ticket URL: <https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/2171>
Fedora Release Engineering <http://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng>