Release Engineering and AWS marketplace.

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 22 15:17:27 UTC 2012

I'm working on getting the Fedora images listed in the fancy Amazon
Marketplace, so people can easily find us.

This is mostly very dull paperwork, which I'm overjoyed to take care of.
We'll also need to submit new "product forms" for each new release, and go
through the steps here: https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/help/200940360.

I have no problem doing all of this, but wanted to make sure we're
coordinated. I'll probably add some of this to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Release_Engineering_SOPs?rd=ReleaseEngineering/SOP
once I have it all figured out.

On a pragmatic note: I'm inclined to create separate products for each
release: "Fedora 17 Cloud Image", "Fedora 18 Cloud Image", etc. Within that,
we get a Version (which will be for example "Fedora 18 (Spherical Cow)".
This seems better than doing "Fedora Cloud Image" as the product and
updating the version within that.

Any comments, concerns, ideas, etc?