Release Engineering and AWS marketplace.

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Mon Oct 22 18:59:23 UTC 2012

On 10/22/2012 11:43 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 12:00:01PM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
>>> - Putting them all in one product makes it less likely someone will
>>> select old version inadvertently.
>> Does either give us the ability to 'retire' old versions from selection?
> I believe that either will, but I asked Amazon to clarify and let us know if
> either way will make this particularly harder or easier.

At least in regular EC2 we can remove old AMIs. Note this doesn't
prevent them from continuing to run or, i *think*, from keeping people
from cloning their existing AMI and launching more instances.  We might
have to think about keeping mirrors up for longer / forever inside of
EC2 for each release for people who are getting security updates for
newly launched instances or instances that never updated...