the cloud images for the mirrors

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 2 20:08:00 UTC 2013

So, assuming we have a Go at the meeting tomorrow, what do we need to get
the cloud images onto the mirrors?

As we discussed before (in the cloud sig), we'd like both xz-compressed raw
and non-compressed qcow2 images. This seems to cover primary cases of
something generic that can be translated to many formats and something which
can be used immediately.

I think what we want is images built from a non-ec2-specific kickstart from
http://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/cloud-kickstarts.git/tree/generic.

There are several options there, and I *think* the "-cloud" one makes most
sense. It has cloud-init and should work in a number of different cloud
providers with different metadata services. Unlike the ec2 images, these use
grub2 by default so should boot with anything (e.g., KVM) which will just
boot an image. In any case, I've tested these to some degree, and although
with some big changes at the last minute it's not certain, I don't think
there's any brown-paper bag mistakes. It'd be good to spin up the official
image builds in the Fedora internal cloud, of course.

Then, those images should _go_ somewhere -- possibly "releases/18/Cloud/",
or else "releases/18/Fedora/[arch]/cloud".