the cloud images for the mirrors

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 9 16:50:19 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 09, 2013 at 10:19:24AM -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > > I think what we want is images built from a non-ec2-specific
> > > kickstart from
> > > http://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/cloud-kickstarts.git/tree/generic.
> Really this should have been added at Alpha or Beta not at the last
> second. Im extremely hesitant to produce and ship anything

It would have been nice, but that's not how it worked out with this
schedule. I apologize for not pushing this thread a little harder last week
so it wouldn't have been quite so last minute.

Anyway, the image is very, very similar to the Amazon image (with the
exception of the addition of grub2). I don't anticipate any problems, but I
would like an RC spin to have people test.

There is _significant_ demand for an image like this.

> > > Then, those images should _go_ somewhere -- possibly
> > > "releases/18/Cloud/", or else "releases/18/Fedora/[arch]/cloud".
> > Hm, they're not *really* cloud specific, though - they could be used
> > in virt-manager/boxes, or even (I suppose) splatted onto a raw disk.
> > Is there a  more generic name that could be used?
> I would follow the same naming as we do for arm disk images
> releases/18/Images/<arch>/

That's okay with me too.