#5775: switch to partitioned image and "hd00" pvgrub akis for EC2; remove editing of menu.lst from image processing

Fedora Release Engineering rel-eng at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 20 13:52:10 UTC 2013

#5775: switch to partitioned image and "hd00" pvgrub akis for EC2; remove editing
of menu.lst from image processing
----------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  mattdm          |       Owner:  rel-eng@…
     Type:  task            |      Status:  new
Milestone:  Fedora 20 Beta  |   Component:  koji
 Blocking:                  |
----------------------------+------------------------
 The "hd00 aki" is like the pvgrub kernel image we are using now, but meant
 for a partitioned device. If we switched to doing this, we could avoid
 editing the menu.lst file, and therefore would have a more-identical
 image.
 .
 See http://www.dowdandassociates.com/content/howto-amazon-ec2-kernel-
 images-pv-grub/ (or
 http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/UserProvidedkernels.html,
 which seems to have vanished today) for more.

 You can find the images in each region with:

    euca-describe-images -o amazon --filter "manifest-location=*pv-grub-
 hd00*"

 and of course take the newest version.

 At this point, I doubt we want to change this by alpha, but maybe we could
 for beta?

--
Ticket URL: <https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5775>
Fedora Release Engineering <http://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng>