Fedora Release Engineering meeting summary for 2014-04-28

Mathieu Bridon bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 29 01:50:56 UTC 2014

Hi,

My apologies for missing the meeting, moving apartments turned out to be
more hassle than planned.

  15:50:11 <tyll> I noticed there was one mentioning of MD5
  15:50:52 <tyll> https://github.com/tyll/fedora-infrastructure/commit/5af9e96d670197ba8ec968bfbea32057864542fd
  15:51:01 <tyll> +unneccessary

Oh missed that one indeed. Merged.

  15:52:06 <tyll> A timeline is missing, e.g. when do we patch which part
  15:52:27 <dgilmore> yeah we dont have an implementation timeline

Right, so I voluntarily left out any kind of timeline suggestion because
I didn't want to commit to any date/time in my current situation.

Basically, if we can't do it all before May 11th, then it will have to
wait until May 29th (I'm moving from Hong Kong back to France, and will
be almost entirely unavailable between these dates) unless someone else
takes it from here.

I don't think we're in a rush though, so I guess it's fine if production
waits until then?

  15:55:07 <tyll> #info test patches in staging pkgs
  15:56:08 <dgilmore> #action get stage converted

As an FI-Apprentice, do I get access to that?

If not, what is the standard procedure for applying those patches to
staging?

  15:56:29 <dgilmore> #info test everything then work out timeline to migrate production
  15:58:42 <dgilmore> anyone want to commit to converting stage?

I wouldn't mind doing that, with the caveat of my unavailability in most
of May. :)

Sorry again for missing the meeting.

--
Mathieu