New package/branch procedure w/ pkgdb2

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Tue Jul 15 14:35:04 UTC 2014

Good morning everyone,

Couple of weeks back we started the discussion around the procedures to include
new packages or request new branches for an existing packages [ticket, 1].

The ticket that started this whole discussion is:

At the meeting [2] we started to browse multiple scenario of procedure we could
have around these processes.
In order to kick-off the discussion further, I have tried to summarize below the
procedure as it is nowadays and the two different procedures we came up with
during the meeting.

So here it is :)

Cheers,
Pierre

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5931
[2] http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/meetbot/fedora-meeting-1/2014-06-30/releng.2014-06-30-15.39.log.html

Current new-package procedure:
==============================

* packager opens a review-request on bugzilla
* reviewer sets the fedora-review flag to ?
* reviewer does the review
* reviewer sets the fedora-review flag to +
* packager creates the scm-request and set fedora-cvs flag to ?
* cvsadmin checks the review (check reviewer is a packager)
* cvsadmin processes the scm-request:
  - Create git repo
  - Create package in pkgdb
* cvsadmin sets fedora-cvs flag to +

New procedure (1)
=================

* packager opens a review-request on bugzilla
* reviewer sets the fedora-review flag to ?
* reviewer does the review
* reviewer sets the fedora-review flag to +
* packager goes to pkgdb2 to request new package
  - precises package name
  - precises package summary
  - precises package branches
  - precises link to review on bugzilla
* requests added to the scm admin queue
* cvsadmin checks the review (check reviewer is a packager¹)
* cvsadmin approves the creation of the package in pkgdb
* package creation is broadcasted on fedmsg
* git adjusted automatically

¹ we could check this automatically by checking which comment mentions 'approved'
and checking who set the fedora-review flag to +

New procedure (2)  - Relies on fedmsg/bugzilla integration
=================

* packager opens a review-request on bugzilla
* reviewer sets the fedora-review flag to ?
* reviewer does the review
* reviewer sets the fedora-review flag to +
* automatically set fedora-cvs flag to ?
* cvsadmin checks the review (check reviewer is a packager)
* cvsadmin sets the fedora-cvs flag to +
* flag change is broadcasted onto fedmsg
* pkgdb automatically creates the package (w/ name and summary provided in the
  review)
* packager goes to pkgdb2 to request new branches
* requests added to the scm admin queue
* cvsadmin approves the creation of the branches in pkgdb
* branch creation is broadcasted on fedmsg
* git adjusted automatically