New package/branch procedure w/ pkgdb2

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Mon Jul 21 17:01:38 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 04:35:04PM +0200, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> Good morning everyone,
>
> Couple of weeks back we started the discussion around the procedures to include
> new packages or request new branches for an existing packages [ticket, 1].

Refs:
> [1] https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5931
> [2] http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/meetbot/fedora-meeting-1/2014-06-30/releng.2014-06-30-15.39.log.html
[3] http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2014-07-21/releng.2014-07-21-15.32.html

Today at the meeting [3 above] we discussed a little more about the procedure we
could do for new package and new branch.

Turns out, procedure #1 can basically be already started

> New procedure (1)
> =================
>
> 1)  packager opens a review-request on bugzilla
> 2)  reviewer sets the fedora-review flag to ?
> 3)  reviewer does the review
> 4)  reviewer sets the fedora-review flag to +
> 5)  packager goes to pkgdb2 to request new package
>     - precises package name
>     - precises package summary
>     - precises package branches
>     - precises link to review on bugzilla
> 6)  requests added to the scm admin queue
> 7)  cvsadmin checks the review (check reviewer is a packager¹)
> 8)  cvsadmin approves the creation of the package in pkgdb
> 9)  package creation is broadcasted on fedmsg
> 10) git adjusted automatically

Step 7 here could be automated for some parts (check the reviewer is a packager
for example).

This procedure could be revised a little bit when the bugzilla/fedmsg
integration goes live:

New procedure (1.5)
=================
1)  packager opens a review-request on bugzilla
2)  reviewer sets the fedora-review flag to ?
3)  reviewer does the review
4)  reviewer sets the fedora-review flag to +
5)  fedmsg broadcast automatically the flag change
6)  the new package request is automatically created from the information in the
    review (the hardest part being to find out which branch are of interest,
    maybe ask them upon review creation?)
6)  requests added to the scm admin queue
7)  cvsadmin checks the review (check reviewer is a packager)
8)  cvsadmin approves the creation of the package in pkgdb
9)  package creation is broadcasted on fedmsg
10) git adjusted automatically

So if everyone is ok with this, I think the best is to start with procedure #1
and move onto procedure #1.5 when bugzilla and fedmsg are integrated

Thoughts?

Pierre