Fedora Release Engineering meeting summary for 2014-04-28

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri May 2 14:45:10 UTC 2014

On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 09:50:56 +0800
Mathieu Bridon <bochecha at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My apologies for missing the meeting, moving apartments turned out to
> be more hassle than planned.

No worries.

>   15:50:11 <tyll> I noticed there was one mentioning of MD5
>   15:50:52 <tyll>
> https://github.com/tyll/fedora-infrastructure/commit/5af9e96d670197ba8ec968bfbea32057864542fd
> 15:51:01 <tyll> +unneccessary
>
> Oh missed that one indeed. Merged.
>
>   15:52:06 <tyll> A timeline is missing, e.g. when do we patch which
> part 15:52:27 <dgilmore> yeah we dont have an implementation timeline
>
> Right, so I voluntarily left out any kind of timeline suggestion
> because I didn't want to commit to any date/time in my current
> situation.
>
> Basically, if we can't do it all before May 11th, then it will have to
> wait until May 29th (I'm moving from Hong Kong back to France, and
> will be almost entirely unavailable between these dates) unless
> someone else takes it from here.
>
> I don't think we're in a rush though, so I guess it's fine if
> production waits until then?

I would think so. It would be nice to get it done before alpha, so we
don't disrupt that.

>   15:55:07 <tyll> #info test patches in staging pkgs
>   15:56:08 <dgilmore> #action get stage converted
>
> As an FI-Apprentice, do I get access to that?
>
> If not, what is the standard procedure for applying those patches to
> staging?

Nope, but we can see about adding you to another group.
pkgs is still on puppet, so you would commit changes to puppet for
them.

>   15:56:29 <dgilmore> #info test everything then work out timeline to
> migrate production 15:58:42 <dgilmore> anyone want to commit to
> converting stage?
>
> I wouldn't mind doing that, with the caveat of my unavailability in
> most of May. :)
>
> Sorry again for missing the meeting.

I'd be happy to help you implementing this, but I will be gone from
tomorrow thru next thursday.

kevin