Pkgdb2 - Update on new branch/package process

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Fri Oct 10 09:09:12 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 09, 2014 at 11:55:07AM +0200, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Sorry for the long silence about this.
>
> Here is where we are now (in git, nothing merged/in prod atm):
> * user can request new packages on pkgdb
> * user can request a new branch for a package on pkgdb
> * these actions are recorded and stored in pkgdb
>   Available at:
>   http://209.132.184.188/admin/actions/
>   and
>   http://209.132.184.188/api/admin/actions/
> * there is a new pkgdb-admin part of pkgdb-cli allowing to list actions and
>   act of them (approve (ie: process)/deny)
>     -> the pkgdb UI only updates the status of the action, while the cli
>        pkgdb-admin actually process the request (as well as updating the status
>        of the action at the end)
>     -> pkgdb-admin would be the place where we would add all the checks we want
>        to do before processing a package/branch request

So I have started working on these checks. For the moment I have:

For new package:
- Check that all the person that commented on a review are packagers
   -> as in, if one of them is not a packager, the person running the command
   might want to check it
- Check that the person that set the fedora-review flag to '+' is  a packager
- Check that the title of the review follows the expected title:
    'Review request: <pkg_name> - <pkg_summary>'
  where both pkg_name and pkg_summary are the info filled in pkgdb
  (one of the idea here being to check if we're not processing the request for a
  new package Foo while pointing at the review of the package Bar)

For new branch:
- for new Fedora branch we said we can approve them directly if the user is
  already a point of contact for another branch
- for epel branch
  - here I believe the biggest problem is: does the package exist on RHEL?
    and iirc, we do not have a simple solution for this

Are there other checks we would like to have?

Pierre