Fedora Release Engineering meeting summary for 2014-09-08

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Mon Sep 8 16:47:05 UTC 2014

======================================
#fedora-meeting-1: RELENG (2014-09-08)
======================================

Meeting started by dgilmore at 15:41:03 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2014-09-08/releng.2014-09-08-15.41.log.html
.

Meeting summary
- ---------------
* init process  (dgilmore, 15:42:52)

* #1107 auto-cleanup rawhide trees  (dgilmore, 15:44:11)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/1107   (dgilmore,
    15:44:20)
  * < dgilmore> this needs a script written that will keep the last 14
    trees  (tyll, 15:44:56)
  * < dgilmore> we could run it via cron or buildbranched/buildrawhide
    (tyll, 15:45:32)
  * < dgilmore> though updates trees need cleaned up also as bodhi just
    leaves them there  (tyll, 15:45:48)
  * affected paths /mnt/koji/mash and /mnt/koji/mash/updates  (tyll,
    15:48:13)
  * ACTION: masta  I'll take the cleanup task.  (tyll, 15:51:04)

* #1501 repomd.xml signing in bodhi  (dgilmore, 15:51:08)
  * < dgilmore> I would be more willing to revisit with concrete
    proposal  (tyll, 15:54:14)
  * dgilmore> tyll: autosigner box is sperate with more limited access
    than the releng boxes  (tyll, 15:54:23)
  * releng04 and relepel01 used to prepare updates  (tyll, 15:56:27)
  * ACTION: someone come up witha concrete implementation plan and we
    can revisit  (dgilmore, 16:00:15)

* #5931 [Proposal] Move new branch and unretire requests to pkgdb2
  (dgilmore, 16:00:23)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5931   (dgilmore,
    16:00:31)
  * LINK: http://paste.fedoraproject.org/131843/41019240   (tyll,
    16:07:43)
  * < pingou> - Do we really want to populate the branch when we create
    them?  (tyll, 16:14:05)
  * < pingou> the second question I have is: for new *fedora* branch,
    what do we need to check beside that the requester is  a packager?
    (tyll, 16:14:40)
  * < pingou> we "just" need to define what we want to fully automate
    and what we still want to check "manually"  (tyll, 16:14:59)
  * < pingou> I've started working on a pkgdb-admin CLI part of
    pkgdb-cli
    https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/packagedb-cli.git/tree/pkgdb2client/admin.py?h=pkgdb_admin
    (tyll, 16:15:26)
  * for new branches, check whether the person is a packager and has
    commit ACLs for at least on Fedora branch  (tyll, 16:16:16)

* #5967 Enable source repo generation  (dgilmore, 16:16:18)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5967   (dgilmore,
    16:16:26)
  * < dgilmore> this comes at a massive cost  (tyll, 16:17:29)
  * < dgilmore> it will be next to impoosible to turn off if we enable
    it  (tyll, 16:19:10)
  * ACTION: dgilmore ask for some more info in the ticket  (tyll,
    16:20:10)
  * < dgilmore> I really do not understand what the perceived gain is
    either  (tyll, 16:20:27)
  * < nirik> in any case I wouldn't want to do it in freeze.  (tyll,
    16:20:36)

* #5959 Enable keep-alive connections for koji (primary and secondaries)
  (dgilmore, 16:23:34)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5959   (dgilmore,
    16:23:40)
  * ACTION: pbrobinson to enable and do testing to make sure nothing
    breaks  (dgilmore, 16:29:15)

Meeting ended at 16:33:10 UTC.

Action Items
- ------------
* masta  I'll take the cleanup task.
* someone come up witha concrete implementation plan and we can revisit
* dgilmore ask for some more info in the ticket
* pbrobinson to enable and do testing to make sure nothing breaks

Action Items, by person
- -----------------------
* dgilmore
  * dgilmore ask for some more info in the ticket
* masta
  * masta  I'll take the cleanup task.
* pbrobinson
  * pbrobinson to enable and do testing to make sure nothing breaks
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * someone come up witha concrete implementation plan and we can
    revisit

People Present (lines said)
- ---------------------------
* dgilmore (79)